Emphasizing the significance of college and career readiness through partnerships with colleges, businesses and non-profits, the CFES GEAR UP program supports efforts to increase the number of students that prepare for and obtain a postsecondary education.
Our 5 GEAR UP goals are:
- Increase students’ academic performance and postsecondary preparation.
- Increase students’ high school graduation rate and postsecondary participation.
- Increase GEAR UP family knowledge of postsecondary education options, preparation, and financing.
- Create or expand opportunities for students to obtain recognized postsecondary credentials in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or computer science.
- Foster knowledge and to promote the development of skills that prepare students to be informed, thoughtful, and productive individuals and citizens.
CFES Brilliant Pathways integrates its three-pronged approach to helping students achieve pathway success through the CFES Core Practices: Essential Skills™, Mentoring and Pathways to College and Career.