Position Location: Van Horn High School, Van Horn, TX 79855
Who We Are
CFES Brilliant Pathways is a global nonprofit organization that helps low-income students become college and career ready. Every student deserves a chance to forge their own route to a bright future – no matter where they’re from, or what resources are available to them. For 31 years, we’ve worked side-by-side with schools, colleges and businesses to help students find their own brilliant pathways as they become college and career ready.
What this Position Offers
- Full-time experience in changing the life trajectory of underserved students
- Budgeted Salary $38,000/year
- Structured program for networking and leadership development
- Cutting edge training and certification on College and Career Readiness
What You’ll Do
- Work with the CFES Brilliant Pathways Program Director, CCMR Specialist, Campus Administrators, Counselors and other school personnel to help students become college and career ready.
- Coordinate with campus counselors to assist in helping all 11th- & 12th-grade students in completing 5 college applications, complete the FAFSA/TASFA, write college essays, prepare for SAT and ACT testing and other college prep procedures.
- Implement the three core practices of CFES: Essential Skills, Mentoring and Pathways to College & Career to help achieve all Texas GEAR UP goals.
- Assist campus counselors in providing grade appropriate college and career advising and planning for each student in grades 9-12.
- Attend a CFES trainings, yearly conference and workshops in Essex, NY, to learn CFES core practices.
- Setup virtual and in-person (if permitted) meetings for students to visit colleges and to local businesses to learn about postsecondary options.
- Design and implement a mentoring program in cooperation with school and community members so all high school students have a mentor.
- Deliver CCR lessons for students in grades 9-12.
- Meet with CFES Program Director regularly and participate in weekly video chats to discuss progress and future initiatives.
- Assist campus counselors in planning and implementing college and career readiness events and activities for students and families to consider, plan for, and apply to postsecondary programs.
- Record and maintain service activity data and submit monthly progress reports to the program director documenting progress and outcome data.
- Highly organized, energetic, creative, proactive
- Ability to develop rapport with younger students
- Excellent communication skills
- Adept with technology
- Comfortable with occasional travel
- Valid driver’s license and car
- Bachelor’s Degree
To be considered for this position
Please upload a cover letter and resume.
Outstanding applicants will be contacted for interviews.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
We are looking to hire immediately. This position’s funding is grant-based and terminates in June 2024.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.