There are countless roads to success and our students each take their own paths. But over the past three decades, we’ve found common themes in each of our success stories. We call them Essential Skills. They get our Scholars through college. And they’re the skills employers want, but won’t bother teaching. Your students will want to learn them now.
- Goal Setting: You have to know what you want in order to take the steps to achieve it.
- Teamwork: We achieve more when we work together, but doing so effectively takes practice.
- Leadership: Stepping up enhances college and career prospects, and helps lift peers along too.
- Agility: Change is constant. The ability to adapt and overcome is crucial.
- Perseverance: Failure and mistakes are inevitable, but they don’t have to be the end of the story.
- Networking: Turning acquaintances into advocates is a force multiplier.