CFES Brilliant Pathways is acknowledging 20+ schools and districts, selected from three states across the U.S — New York, Florida and Hawaii — and Ireland, to be recognized as Schools of Distinction 2019-2020 for their exemplary efforts in helping students become college and career ready.
Evaluating the practical application of the three CFES core practices — Essential Skills™, Mentoring and Pathways to College and Career — this award emphasizes the importance of developing and executing highly-effective plans for entire student bodies to become college and career ready.
Relying on research-driven methods and best practices, CFES has sent 95 percent of its students to college from both urban and rural areas from across the U.S. since 1991. CFES currently supports 25,000 students through partnerships with 150 rural and urban K-12 schools and districts.
“The innovative plans implemented by these schools are proven models for success that schools across the country can emulate,” said Rick Dalton, CFES Brilliant Pathways President and CEO. “They have managed to create a culture of college readiness while also equipping students with the Essential Skills™ they need to succeed in the 21st century workforce.”
Examples of standout strategies include: weekly virtual college tours with recent graduates; a virtual College and Career Fair Spirit Week highlighting daily career cluster themes and presentations from community members; incorporating a “professional hour” with industry-specific experts into the curriculum, and one school even established a CFES class.
2019-2020 Schools of Distinction:
- August Ahrens Elementary School (HI)
- AuSable Valley Central School District (NY)
- Brooklyn Institute for Liberal Arts (NY)
- Booker Middle School (FL)
- Bronx High School for the Visual Arts (NY)
- Crown Point Central School (NY)
- Sanford B. Dole Middle School (HI)
- Friendship Central School District (NY)
- Gilbertsville Mount Upton Central School District (NY)
- Kohala Middle School (HI)
- Pelham Preparatory Academy (NY)
- Plattsburgh High School (NY)
- Puohala Elementary School (HI)
- Soundview Academy for Culture and Scholarship (NY)
- Willsboro Central School District (NY)
- St. Joseph’s Secondary School, Rush (Ireland)
- Moriah Central School District (NY)
- Eximius College Preparatory Academy (NY)
- Clearwater Fundamentals Middle School (FL)
- Mulberry Middle School (FL)
- Peru Central School District (NY)
- Beekmantown Central School District (NY)